Talks last approximately 1 hour, unless requested otherwise, and are followed by time for questions and comments as required.
Most talks are illustrated with slides, for which darkness is necessary. For some talks I also bring appropriate plants.
- BERRIED TREASURE
- How to make the most of your garden throught the autumn and winter.
- THE HISTORY OF GARDENS
- An account of the development of garden styles from medieval times to the present day.
- HERBACEOUS PERENNIALS
- Plants which die down in winter but regrow each spring to give generous cushions of foliage and vivid flowers.
- PONDS AND WATER FEATURES
- Formal, architectural ponds and natural looking wildlife ponds.
- REACH FOR THE STARS
- All about climbing plants.
- THROUGH THE GARDEN GATE
- A selection of distinctive gates and the gardens behind them. Mostly of English gardens but a few from abroad, to widen our horizons.
- GARDENS OF JAPAN
- An account of traditional japanese gardens and their relevance to our gardens today.
- PERFECT PARTNERS
- How to transform your planting from ordinary to wonderful by carefully choosing how you combine your plants.
- TALL TALES
- All about trees suitable for our gardens.
- FRAGRANCE IN THE GARDEN
- This is about plants which have either scented flowers or scented foliage, to fill your garden with perfume.
- RUGS, CUSHIONS AND CARPETS
- All about covering your soil and deterring the weeds.
- HEDGES AND EDGES
- A look at hedges and edging as important elements in shaping and defining your garden.
Fee is charged at a fixed price plus milage in relation to Lyme Regis.
Please phone for a no obligations quote.
Merriott Gardening Club :
Thank you so very much for your fascinating talk on 'Japanese Gardens and their History'. I know that after a few beautiful slides i was beginning to feel relaxed just looking at the simplicity and beauty of them. It has certainly fired us with enthusiasm to try and create a little bit of Japan in our own gardens.
Bridgwater U3A / Gardening Group :
I want to thank you for your enjoyable talk yesterday - the greatest theme of praise was that they could hear clearly what you were saying, as you 'didn't mumble into your jumper' ! We also like the way your talks are organised - so full marks from us !
Thurloxton Gardening Club :
Thank you very much for such a lovely talk on the 'History of Garden Styles',
it certainly inspired our members, who all said how much they enjoyed the evening.